August 12, 2016

STAMPlorations August New Release Blog Hop

It's Day 5 of the August New Release Hop over at STAMPlorations!  Now it's time for the Inspiration girls to show you the projects we made using the new sets!  But first look at these sets and their matching dies!



Super fun aren't they?!  I just love them. I'm still getting used to using dies with my cards. I'm mostly a one layer girl these days. But they work so well and are really fun to use. It's nice to have the option now. :-). Check out what I made....



I coloured the flower image with my Spectrum Noir markers and die cut it out.  I die cut the border around it in black.  I sprayed my card base with Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls mist and then attached pink patterned washi tape, a narrow strip of black sticker and a sentiment stamped white strip.  I attaced my floral piece over top.




I used the Stained Glass stencil and some white embossing paste that had a fine glitter in it.  I then coloured my flowers with my Spectrum Noir markers and die cut them out.  I attached them to my card base as well as the sentiment which was cut in a banner shape.




I die cut my bird images and then sponged the following Distress ink colours on them:  Peacock Feathers, Abandoned Coral, Seedless Preserves, Spiced Marmalade, Mowed Lawn, Picked Raspberry.  I attached them to my card base.  I die cut the celebrate from black card stock and added some Wink of Stella after adhering it to my card.


I stamped the animals in white StazOn ink and then sponged Peacock Feathers Distress ink over top.  The white StazOn acts like a resist.  I die cut the wonky stitched rectangle and stamped the sentiment and heart on it then adhered it to my card base at an angle and trimmed the edges.  I stamped and die cut the bird and coloured it in with my Spectrum Noir markers.  I attached it to my card with some foam dots.

I hope you enjoyed your visit today and I've managed to inspire you.  You should definitely check out the main blog for all the details on prizes and such.

------------------
Check out what the rest of the team made! You'll find links to all our projects here.
------------------
 
Have a fantastic day and thanks for dropping by!

31 comments:

  1. Beautiful ways to showcase the stamps ,last one is my favorite !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and fun inspiration. Didn't know about Staz on being a resist, so thanks for that. Amazing inspiration and loving your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all terrific! The first two are especially elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! I really love the whole design of the yellow & purple flowers; very artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fantastic cards, Kim. Love the way you add a violet colour! - - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cards to show off these fun new designs! Love the buttercups card with fabulous textured background and those lovely flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great designs! My favourite is the first card, very stylish and CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are so
    wonderfully made.
    Love the sparkly
    embossing paste
    you used.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful set of cards. Loving how the embossing paste background sets off the buttercup and the little stitched bird looks so cute against that aqua stamped background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all very inspirational. I love the use of the stencil and embossing paste with the buttercup .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful cards, I really love the last design

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am especially intrigued by the way you colored that postage flower - simply fabulous! About your one-layer comment - feel the same way, but yes, those dies are quite convenient!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Knock-outs, Kim! The postage flower is captivating; the shimmery stenciling with the buttercup, swoon-inducing! Wish list expanding!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally awesome! LOVE the additional embossed background with your Buttercups card! Well done~

    ReplyDelete
  15. FABULOUS cards Kim!!!
    LOVE your CREATIVE designs, feeling INSPIRED, especially by your GORGEOUS "sending happy thoughts" buttercup card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty pretty cards 😊

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many cute and fabulous creations, I especially love the cute critters!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What I like most is your first card. It's amazing. The most I love a set of crazy birds are so funny. Thank you for the beautiful inspiration.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous cards, Kim! Love those multi coloured birds :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many gorgeous cards! I am loving this release! Great techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your CAS style!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your CAS style!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful design and style, ALso the embossing and your background of the last card. They are great.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful cards. Love them all.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very fun with the bird card and I love how you embossed th cute animals as the background. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous variety of designs and techniques, Kim. Great post. I love your colorful twitterati. And the touch of embossing paste is a great addition behind the buttercup. So rich.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!