April 13, 2016

Watercolour Stencilling Card Duo

Hey everyone!  Just popping in to share a couple of cards I made recently.  I've had some time to craft this week after putting my son to bed as my husband is taking a gun safety course all this week.  So, I get to make cards.  Going to do that again after this post!   :-)

So, I had this piece of watercolour paper that I had done some watercolour stencilling a while ago and I decided to finally put it to use.  And it turned out to be big enough for two cards!  Take a look....




Using my water brush pen and Spectrum Aqua markers (Bud Green, Teal, Navy, Yellow), I watercoloured through my stencil (The Crafter's Workshop).  I cut the piece in half and then stamped my branch stamps (CAS-ual Fridays) in black Versamark ink in the corner.  Then I stamped the sentiments (STAMPlorations) in black as well.  I added some sequins (Neat and Tangled) in matching colours and mounted the panels on some coloured cardstock.  One on a medium teal and one on a lime green.  I really love how these turned out.

I hope you enjoyed your visit today.  Thanks for dropping by!

I'd like to link up the first card to the following challenges:

CAS Mix-up Card Challenge - Stamping + Stencilling + Watercolour and Sequins
AAA Card Challenge - anything goes
  
 

12 comments:

  1. Love your palette. These cards are so aesthetically appealing. My hubs' hobby is shooting... I always think it's cool when he's "doing his thing" while I'm doing mine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim. These cards are awesome! LOVE this design and layout. Your watercoloured stenciling is so cool ... and pretty. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great when you can get the two cards out of the one. The backgrounds work so well against the silhouette black stamping. Love how you did the background through the stencil, so delicate and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fabulous! Another technique I need to try out...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are beautiful! I LOVE the silhouette flowers over the stenciled colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are GORGEOUS. I so love the challenge colors with the stencil and the black silhouette combination. Thanks so much for linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the graphic stencil design paired with the silhouette stamps! Thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this stenciled design, Kim! The colors are gorgeous and I love that you got 2 CAS cards from that one piece! Can't decide which color I like best! Both are awesome! Thanks so much for sharing these with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooo! This is pretty dang sweet! The stenciling creativity is awesomesauce!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The watercolor stenciling creates perfect backdrop for the silhouette images :)Loved both of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun design with the geometric backgrounds and silhouette images!! So glad you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, and fun! thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!