March 08, 2016

STAMPlorations Inspiration #65

It's Tuesday and you know what that means?!  It's Inspiration time over at STAMPlorations!  We've got some fabulous cards for you and hopefully they will inspire you to create something awesome! And don't forget if you comment on the main blog post you'll be entered in for a prize draw.  Check out my card for this week...



 (All stamps by STAMPlorations)

So, I started off by inking up some heart stamps (Anchored set) with my Bud Green Spectrum Aqua marker then stamping on some watercolour paper creating my shamrocks.  Then I took my water brush and went over where I inked, adding in more green for shading.  I added the stems and details with the fine tip and went over with my water brush as well.  Using my Meadow Spectrum Aqua marker I inked up my script stamp (Mixed Media Elements set) and wiped off around the edges to soften.  Then stamped along one edge.  I repeated this a few times.  I did the same thing but used Golden Glitz Delicata ink.  I splattered some gold acrylic paint next.  I sponged on some Mowed Lawn Distress ink fading it out along the one edge and corner.  Lastly, I stamped the sentiment (Fond Expressions 2 set) in black Versafine ink.  So, if you want to make a shamrock but don't have a stamp for one use some heart stamps!  :-)

Thanks for stopping by for a visit and I hope you have an awesome day!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

Craft Stamper Magazine Take it, Make it March Challenge - use a stamp, anything goes
CAS Mix Up Card Challenge, March - stamping, watercolour, collage stamping, gold paint splatters, sponging ink

Stamping Smiles Designs Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge - I used green, gold and inspiration photo


Fusion Card Challenge - I used just the inspiration photo

15 comments:

  1. Brilliant - to make those shamrocks out of a heart stamp! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever idea to use the heart stamp for the shamrock. Gorgeous layout and gorgeous colours...thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun Kim! So creative to use the heart stamp to create your shamrocks. LOVE the collage stamped background. Thanks for playing along at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card. Love the background and it's softness and love the clover

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty shamrocks, Kim! Your heart stamp worked perfectly! Love the script and spatters! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative and nice card design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Great shamrocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great way to make shamrocks, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Kim, Beautiful creation. The coloring of your clovers is gorgeous and I really like the gold script background on the one side of your card.
    Tracie Pond
    Stamping Smiles Designs
    Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge
    #ssdtictactoechallenge
    Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love this soft watercolor look! Great! Thank you so much for joining us at SSD Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge.
    Olesya, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is breathtaking!! I am a dud at watercolor so when I see creations like this my jaw drops. I LOVE how you created your shamrocks. Thank you for playing with us at Stamping Smiles Design Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge!!

    Nora
    Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a beautifully designed card !

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is simply beautiful!! Love the subtle background and the clovers!! So pretty!!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stamping Smile designs Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this!! thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!