October 14, 2015

Yellow Lotus

Hey everyone!  It seems that I may not be making too many cards for the next week or two.  We recently gutted our kitchen and the electrician was in the other day and needed access to the attic and a wall right where my craft desk is.  I moved what I could but they ended up moving more stuff and now it's like a tornado went through!  I needed to reorganize, clean and purge but I've got so much on my plate with the renovations this wasn't high on my list.  Every time I see my craft area it seems a bit overwhelming.  :-(  It'll all get sorted out eventually.

Anyway, I have a card to share that I finished before the chaos happened.  Take a look...


I stamped my lotus flowers (Waffle Flower) and embossed them in gold.  I coloured them in with my Spectrum Noir markers.  Then I created a mask for them and covered them up.  I lightly sponged broken china Distress ink as well as splattered it.  I lightly stamped and water spritzed my script stamp (STAMPlorations) with antique linen Distress ink.  Using both broken china and antique linen ink I stamped my dragonflies (Waffle Flower) by stamping off some ink first.  Next, I sprayed on some golden glitz Perfect Pearls mist.  It's really very shimmery and sparkly but, as usual, it's hard to get a good photo of it. I used my Tim Holtz distressing tool and roughed up the one edge of my panel. Then I took watered down broken china ink and saturated the roughed up edge.  I stamped the sentiment (Waffle Flower) in flannel grey Memento ink.  Lastly, I attached my panel to a white card base.

Well, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Have a fabulous day!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

CAS-ual Chic - tic tac toe challenge.  I used distressing, sparkling, and embossing.


Virginia's View Challenge - all things coloured


Waffle Flower - embossing. I was also inspired by the yellow in the inspiration picture.


9 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous - I have these Lotus stamps, but haven't inked them yet - this has definitely inspired me! Good luck with the reno - it's always bigger, longer and more expensive than you thought, but it will be worth it, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow totally gorgeous.. love the bright bold yellow.. thanks for joining us at Waffle Flower Crafts October Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, this is lovely!! I understand your gutting, remodeling mess, but hang in there, it is SO worth it! Thanks for joining us at the CAS-ual Chic Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooooooooo beautiful :) and the kitchen sounds like a huge project... hang in there! I just went through renovations in my kitchen and living areas, it felt like forever LOL but once its done it feels incredible

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge! Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! Love! Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! I love the yellow flowers :) Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think renovating is overwhelming anytime, so can totally imagine you not having the mojo to create at the moment. However this card is stunning and I love the colours you used. Beautiful card and I'm so glad you joined us at Waffle Flower and CAS-ual Fridays!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!