May 10, 2014

My First Post for Inkspirational!

This is my first post as a new member of the DT for the challenge blog Inkspirational.  It's a great challenge with an awesome bunch of talented ladies!  I'm very lucky to be a part of it all.  :-). So, it's an inspiration picture this time for the challenge.  It starts today and goes for two weeks. Take a look at this fantastic picture!


So many ideas come to mind!  As much as I loved the balloons, I went with the sunset and silhouette theme.  Although, I did incorporate the colours of the balloons.  Take a look...


I did a variety of masking and sponging to create my sunset and hills.  Then I stamped my coneflowers and grass (my favourite stamp from Stampin' Up!) in black.  I thought the panel was too wide so I trimmed it slightly on both sides and as I was figuring out how to place it on my card base I kept seeing the tiny strips I had cut off.  They appealed to me so I decided to try putting them on the card too leaving some white space in between.  I really liked the effect.  So I adhered everything down and stamped my sentiment (Scrappy Cat).  This was made for my MIL for Mother's Day.  :-)

I really hope you can play along with us over at Inkspirational.  Check out what the other DT members have created too.


Have fun!!  :-)

I'm going to link this card up to the following challenges:
CAS-ual Fridays - "Three Thirds", using elements in threes. I've got my three strips of paper as well as three coneflowers.
STAMPlorations- the monthly challenge for May is Stamps and Flowers.

Well, that's all for now!  Have a lovely day and thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. Welcome to our DT and we are so pleased to have you with us. And what wonderful masking and sponging and I really like how you added the 2 strips, it does look really good....isn't great when something like this happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful scene - such skillful use of colours and I love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this interpretation of the photo inspiration, Kim! Fab colouring of the sunset. I am so glad to be with you on the Inkspirational Challenges DT :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Kim, what a fabulous, unique interpretation of the photo! As one who is totally water-colour challenged, I soooo appreciate and admire the skills and talents of others. The details you've selected to water-colour - the silhouette flower and balloon-coloured sky - are gorgeous!! The panels and the strips (great to hear they were calling to you) add such impact! Your MIL will love this, as do I! So glad to be on the the Inspirational team with you, Kim!! Your cards are always inspiring! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim what a gorgeous silhouette! Thank you so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, such amazing colours you have used.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so pretty!!! Congrats on the DT gig!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim, this design is breathtakingly beautiful... I love sponged scenes and you've taken that style one step forward with those strips. I very much hope to CASE this card someday! Great to have you in the team!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous stamping!
    thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your DT spot Kim. Such a striking card, love your masking and the colours. The strips look great too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, wow - you have outdone yourself here - just gorgeous! Love the two side strips! Thanks so much for playing with us at STAMPlorations. I hope to see you here next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT
    PS: Happy Mothers Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous5/11/2014

    This is fantastic Kim! I am so glad to have you on our team. You must have been very patient with this card to achieve such a great look with the masking. The bright colors look great on the white card base. Wonderful work!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, Kim! The sponged background is incredible. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Spring Flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great masking and inking, Kim. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful background behind your black silhouette floral scene! Thanks for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats Kim on getting in top 3 at STAMPlorarions x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on being a Top Pick at Stamplorations, Kim, for this most perfect of cards!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats Kim for your awesomeness top pick at Stamploration, love this!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!