November 01, 2013

Welcome Christmas

This is my second post today!  Such a rarity.  :-).  I'm going to share another Christmas card too.  Surprise, surprise.  I don't think you'll see any other kind for a while.  LOL.

Anyway, this card is for a few challenges.  Festive Friday (I <3 them), Christmas Card Challenges and Curtain Call.  FF has a element theme this time.  You need to include a wreath.  Here's their inspiration photo.  Curtain Call theme is "Welcome Home" and their inspiration photo is also down below.


The CCC's challenge is to include bow(s).  So, I did both! :-).  Look and see...



So, I've seen a few variations of this kind of card and really wanted to try my hand at one.  I made my door by cutting a white cardstock panel and sponging some soft suede (SU!) using some rectangle masks I made.  I then stamped my wreath using a portion of a branch stamp (Inkadinkado) in a light and dark green.  I added some red pearls and a red bow.  I matted this onto some brown wood grain paper (DCWV, Tradewinds paper pack) and then attached to white card base.  Using my Slice machine I cut my banner (Noel design card) and stamped the sentiment (portion of a welcome home stamp by American Crafts) in red.  Attached this with some foam dots.  Added a silver pearl for a door handle.  I am quite pleased with the results.

Well, that's it for me today.  Have a fantastic day and thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. I love that you've done the whole door in one layer - so cool! Great idea to use the masks that way and I love the fresh green and shimmery pearls on your wreath! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I didn't even realize it was a door until you said it, and the I saw the doorknob! DERH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A door, how fun is that? It makes so much sense to hang a wreath on a door, yet I've never thought of that! And I have never seen it somewhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the door idea! So clever! And I love your stamped wreath, it's lovely! Good to see you again this week at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be quite pleased with this, Kim! I love your hint of the front door behind the stunning wreath and banner! Very original!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card, Kim!

    I wanted to stop by and thank you for the lovely comment you left on my final Moxie Fab World blog post. I had such an incredibly good time in the Moxie Fab World, and I'm so glad I got to know you there! Hugs and loves to you, my moxie fab friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful door card. So simple and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the sweetest thing, Ki! Love the subtlety of your door, and the wreath looks perfect on it!!! So very pretty!!! Great to see you again…please forgive my tardiness!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!