November 24, 2013

Create With 8

Well, CAS-ual Fridays has a very interesting challenge going right now.  You must create a card featuring 8 of something.  Maybe 8 embellishments or tags or you stamped something 8 times.  Fun, right?!

So, this was a card I made for my Dad for his birthday.  There is a time honored tradition in my family to give each other a hard time whenever possible.  LOL!  This was just another one of those times.  :-). Anyway, there are 8 "marbles" on my card.  I made these by using some glossy accents on wax paper.  Once they were dry I peeled them off and on the back side I used my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers to add the swirls of colour like a real marble would have.  They were a lot of fun to make.  I stamped my jar (Dear Lizzy Neopolitan collection by American Crafts) and fussy cut it out.  I computer generated my words and cut them out.  I strategically placed my chevron washi tape first then my sentiments.  Added the jar on its side and then the marbles.  It's a funny card that I love.  I think I need to make more of these marbles.  They are so much fun to do.  :-)

Thanks for popping by for a visit and I hope you have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

  1. Oh Kim, this is hilarious! Bet your dad got a chuckle out of this one! Brilliant idea! Those marbles look so real! Awesome card and perfect for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HilARIOUS! Happy Birthday to your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant - I love this card! And such a clever way to make marbles. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card karacked me up, Kim! A bunch of these should definitely be added to your next craft fair, I think they would sell like hotcakes!! Your marbles look so real!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you created your marbles! Fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super cute, Kim! Thank you for sharing it with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I'm not surprised to be back here hooting and hollering "Congratulations" to you for the Contender shoutout from CFC!! WooHoo!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!