October 13, 2013

Trick or Treat Little Owl

Well, Halloween is creeping closer and closer so its no surprise to see lots of Halloween cards out there.  I've seen some really fantastic ones too.  I figured its my turn to share one now.  I made this for a recent submission call at Paper Crafts Magazine but it didn't get picked up.  Which is okay, now I can share it with all of you!  I really like how this turned out.

I think it's the first time I've ever used googly eyes on a card.  LOL.  So, to make this card I did the following steps....
...Make card base from white card stock.  Cut panel from navy cardstock.  Using a scrap piece of cardstock cut circle and create a mask.  Sponge white ink on navy panel using circle mask to create moon. Water down black paint and using a small paintbrush add to card in a vague tree form little bits at a time.  Use a straw to blow paint to create "branches".  Let it dry thoroughly.  Stamp and emboss  sentiment.  Adhere navy panel to card base.  Cut circle from black cardstock and using circle cutter or circle punch cut small crescent to make owl shape.  Glue on googly eyes and adhere owl with foam dots.

Isn't the owl cute? I love how my moon and tree turned out too.  I think I might send this to my niece for Halloween.  :-). 

I'm going to link up to the following challenges.
Addicted to Stamps and More - challenge # 66 Anything Goes
Crazy for CAS - challenge #29 make a card for a child.  What better card for a kid than a Halloween one?  I feel that this card is still CAS too.
Stampendous Blog - October 2013 challenge, Halloween.

Well, thanks so much for dropping by and I hope you are having wonderful fall weather like we are here!  And a Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends!  We are having our turkey dinner tonight.  Yum!  :-)

Supplies used: Cardstock - (white, navy, black) Recollections.  Clear Stamp (Trick or Treat sentiment from All Hallows' Eve set) Inkadinkado.  Pigment ink - (white) a la mode by Hampton Art, (clear watermark) Tsukineko.  Embossing Powder - (white) Hero Arts.  Acrylic paint - (black licorice) Folk Art by Plaid.  Accents - (googly eyes) Michaels.  Tools - (circle cutter) Fiskars.


8 comments:

  1. Super cool and super fun... Love it , love it and love it. It is always such fun to pop by for a peek!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Kim! Love how you created your moon and the technique to make the branches, thanks for sharing with us at ATSM this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is spooky Kim, love the effect on the Moon, very real. Thank you for sharing with us at ATSM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool technique for the branches and the owl is totally cute but my favorite is how you shaded the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree is fabulous and nothing ever beats googly eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card love that owl. Thank you for joining us over at crazy for CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely darling card! They were crazy not to use this in the magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kimberly! So glad you found googly eyes for card making! They put the spooky in Halloween. This is darling. Thanks for entering our October card challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!