April 03, 2013

Apple Truck Birthday

Last week was my husbands birthday and I wanted to come up with a card I knew he would like.  Now, like a lot you out there, masculine cards can be dufficult sometimes.  However, I got this idea in my mind and it turned out pretty much the way I envisioned it.  I love it when that happens!  So here it is....


I used three stamps to make this card.  Two, the truck and sentiment, are from Stampin' Up! And the tree is from Rubber Stampede.  I made a mask of the truck and stamped the tree using this mask to get it behind the truck.  My husband loves this truck image.  He wants to own a truck like this someday.  Well, technically he does own a old '57 Chevy truck but it does not look like this.  It's orange for one and its not in great shape.  He was going to fix it up but has changed his mind.  Too far gone for him.  LOL.  Anyway, I coloured this with coloured charcoal pencils (Schwan Stabilo) that are aquarellable (water soluble). Makes it look like water colour.  I used water colour paper too.  I've never done this technique before.  I've had the pencils for years and never touched them.  I like the effect and I think I'll do this technique again.  In any case, my husband liked the card.  :-)

I think I'll enter this card into the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog.  Their current challenge is birthdays as its their 4th birthday.  Happy Birthday!  :-)

That's it for now.  Have a fabulous day!

2 comments:

  1. My husband would like this card, too, Kim! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Kim! I love, love, love this card! It caught my eye on the SSS challenge gallery. The masking idea is awesome! I love the coloring too. You've done a great job of creating a CAS masculine card. TFS

    ~Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!