March 08, 2013

Snow Time

Today I actually completed two cards.  I'm going to do two separate posts to avoid confusion for challenges.  The first is a snowy Christmas card.  I'm linking up to two of my favourite Christmas card challenges again.  :-). Festive Fridays (element challenge, use a snowflake) and Jingle Belles (Stick-y and Sweet challenge, use stickers).  It may seem strange to still be making Christmas cards but they are my favourite and I just don't get bored making them.  :-).   In any case, here's my card.....

 
So, how I made this was to cut out some snowmen from some Recollections Christmas paper and I shaded them a little by sponging on some blue ink.  Attached them to the "snowflake" panel and created snowy hills with some white card stock and glitter.  Then I used some letter stickers I had in my stash.  I got these from my Mom and I'm pretty sure they came from the Dollerama.  Sometimes you can find some great stuff at that store and the price is sure right!  I then put a little white foam snowflake sticker in the middle of the "O".  Then attached everything to the white card base.  I'm quite pleased with the results.  :-). Who doesn't love happy snowmen?

Well, I've got another post to write for my second card (although I think I'll wait to post until tomorrow) so I'll sign off for now.  Hope you are all having a great Friday and have a fabulous weekend!

Supplies:  white card stock and snowmen from Recollections, patterned snowflake paper I think is Basic Grey but not sure, stickers from Dollerama, blue in for shading snowmen is Ballet Blue and glitter is Dazzling Diamonds from Stampin' Up!.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kim your card is so sweet - love those snowmen peeking out behind those letters. I was snowing all day long today here, so your card is just right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, i absolutely LOVE this, what a ♥FAB♥ little snow-scene you've created! for the record, i'd've guessed that the snowmen (snowpersons??!) were stickers and the letters were diecuts b/c i've never seen such a cute variety of patterns and what a great font. cannot believe those are a "dollar store find" your mom did very well there!!! thanks for joining our "stickery" fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used your letter stickers as your focal element ... and the snowmen are the perfect accent ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too clever, Kim!!! LOVE your creativity and LOVE this second card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh, I LOVE Dollarama!

    You made my day saying ours was one of your favourite challenges!

    I love the way the snowmen are framing your awesome sentiment, and the snowflake in the O is the best touch!!

    Thanks for giving us another card to admire!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card with those cute little snowmen peeking through the letters - so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!